County Civil

The County Civil Division handles civil actions in which the damages being sought or the matter in controversy total $5,000.00 to $15,000. When filing a case in County Court, you must prepare all of the necessary paperwork yourself or have an attorney do it for you. The clerk’s office cannot refer an attorney to you. There are no forms to hand out, nor does the Clerk prepare any paperwork in County Court.

Matters in controversy under $5,000.00 are handled in Summary Claims Court.